Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Been A While...

This is the view from my building. The far cross street to the camera angle is 125th street, Harlem, New York. The Apollo Theater, a famous music hall, is a a few avenues away. Harlem swells with history and I can't help but to feel so grateful that I live here. New York is a delight and calling Harlem home is like an everlasting gratitude. I'm just happy to be a part of it.
I was excited about my first winter because I was tired of the heat. The Sahara's a bitch! So when the cold hit, I wasn't ready. The frigid, bone chilling, expletives inciting wind got my ass. One word can sum the freezing pain I felt that was worse than the worst heat of the desert- "Goddayum!" The cold realization of winter and what that meant for my toes, fingers, and B.A. (black ass) kicked in. Then I wanted to be back in Mauritania, with all the heat and fresh food. Not really, but it's nice to think about sometimes...

No comments: